An all time family favorite, this salad boasts big flavor in tiny bite sized pops! Texture combined with crunchy tidbits of fresh veggies and sharp Bergamo Mushroom surprises! Plus the mushroom brine becomes a key ingredient in the dressing. I hope you enjoy this as much as we have!
- 1-8 oz. jar dark Bergamo mushrooms from Forest Floor Foods
- 2 cups dry small radiator pasta (3 cups prepared)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dark Bergamo mushroom brine
- 1/3 cup diced fresh green bell pepper (diced ¼” pieces)
- 1/3 cup diced celery (¼” pieces)
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion (diced ¼” pieces)
- 1/3 cup diced summer sausage, hard salami; or for a spicier version, slice 1 or 2 Forest Floor, Bloody Mary swizzle stix into 1/4″- 3/8″ slices
- 1/3 cup diced medium chedder cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- ½ teaspoon fresh, finely ground black pepper
Prepare the radiator pasta firm per package directions, drain and chill or cool. Strain the dark Bergamo mushrooms through a sieve and reserve the mushrooms brine for the dressing. Set the mushrooms aside. Dice the onion, celery, green pepper, cheese, and sausage. Then blend together with the mushrooms in a small bowl.
Prepare the dressing by whisking together the 1 cup of mayonnaise and ¼ cup mushroom brine along with the ground pepper.
Place the cooled pasta in a medium size serving bowl. Add the mixed vegetables, cheese, and sausage. Gently blend together. Add approximately ¾ of the dressing and fold thoroughly into the pasta mixture. You may add more dressing if necessary.
Season with sea salt and more cracked pepper if you wish. Cover the salad with plastic wrap and store until ready to serve. Reserve the extra dressing to freshen up the salad before serving. Enjoy!